David A. Kapelman is a Personal Injury lawyer who is a dedicated advocate for clients in New York injured by someone else’s negligence, carelessness or wrongful conduct. Mr. Kapelman represents clients in cases involving construction accidents, lead paint poisoning, premises liability including assaults and sexual assaults, slip-and-falls, dog bites, medical malpractice, birth injuries, product liability, vehicle rollovers, car and automobile accidents, injuries caused by defective equipment or other products, and wrongful death.
With more than 30 years of experience exclusively representing injured people and their families, David A. Kapelman knows how to fully assess each case, including reviewing accident reports and medical records, speaking to witnesses and health care providers, consulting with experts, assessing liability and considering all of the possible legal and medical issues in order to present compelling cases and obtain full compensation for injured clients.
Some successes include:*
- Recovery of $3.875 million in a Labor Law Section 240(1) case for a mechanical engineer who fell from a catwalk through an acoustical ceiling and sustained severe head injuries.
- $1.2 million for a laborer who fell from a scissor scaffold.
- Injury verdict of $1.1 million for a client who was struck by a vehicle that fell off a tow truck.
- A $1.05 million settlement on the day of jury selection for a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle which mounted the sidewalk causing multiple fractures.
- $1 million settlement, after summation at a 3 week long trial, on behalf of the head of personal security for a major rock band who was struck by a vehicle driven by the Mexican Secret Service while trying to prevent what he thought was an attempted kidnapping of the band. The defendants (the concert promoters) had offered $50,000 at the beginning of the trial.
- Numerous recoveries for victims of rape and sexual assault, including a $900,000 settlement for a 7 year old boy who had been sodomized by another boy at camp.
- Recovery of $900,000 in a result that established new case law in a Labor Law Section 241(6) case for a laborer who was injured when a 90 pound piece of ice fell from the roof of a power plant under construction in Plattsburgh, New York.
- An $850,000 settlement for an Erb’s Palsy victim.
- A $745,000 post trial award for a firefighter.
- Numerous awards in lead paint poisoning cases, some of which settled for $575,000, $475,000, $390,000, $310,000, $300,000, $285,000 and other amounts.
Call David A. Kapelman, P.C. for a FREE CONSULTATION. You will not be charged any attorneys fees unless we recover damages for you. Expenses may be payable at the conclusion of your case. Hablamos Espanol.
* These results are case specific and are not necessarily a reflection of the recovery in any other case.