David A. Kapelman is not just a personal injury lawyer; he is a dedicated advocate for clients in New York who’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, carelessness, or wrongful conduct. Mr. Kapelman represents clients in cases involving:
- construction accidents,
- lead paint poisoning,
- premises liability (including assaults and sexual assaults),
- slip and falls,
- dog bites,
- medical malpractice,
- birth injuries,
- product liability,
- vehicle rollovers,
- car and automobile accidents,
- subway or train accidents,
- injuries caused by defective equipment or other products,
- and wrongful death.
Accidents in NYC Are Inevitable
Serious and life-changing accidents occur in New York City every single day. Injuries can happen to seasoned New Yorkers and tourists alike, people who are cautious and people who are careless, those who can afford long-term medical care and those who, unfortunately, cannot.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t be stuck covering your own medical expenses and out-of-pocket costs. It’s critical to hire a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to help you secure full and fair compensation.
With the state of New York’s comparative fault system regarding negligence, you could still be entitled to certain damages even if you were partially at fault for the accident that caused your injuries. Speaking to a top personal injury lawyer in NYC is the best way to determine whether you have a claim worth pursuing.
New York’s personal injury laws are complex, and victims of negligence often struggle to prove their claim without an experienced attorney on their side. Furthermore, the at-fault party’s insurance company will look for any excuse to undervalue your claim to save money.
With more than 36 years of experience exclusively representing injured people and their families, David A. Kapelman knows how to fully assess each case, including reviewing accident reports and medical records, speaking to witnesses and health care providers, consulting with experts, assessing liability, and considering all of the possible legal and medical issues in order to present compelling cases and obtain full compensation for injured clients.
Some successes include:
- Recovery of $3.875 million in a Labor Law Section 240(1) case for a mechanical engineer who fell from a catwalk through an acoustical ceiling and sustained severe head injuries.
- $1.2 million for a laborer who fell from a scissor scaffold.
- Injury verdict of $1.1 million for a client who was struck by a vehicle that fell off a tow truck.
- A $1.05 million settlement on the day of jury selection for a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle that mounted the sidewalk, causing multiple fractures.
- $1 million settlement, after summation at a three-week long trial, on behalf of the head of personal security for a major rock band who was struck by a vehicle driven by the Mexican Secret Service while trying to prevent what he thought was an attempted kidnapping of the band. The defendants (the concert promoters) had offered $50,000 at the beginning of the trial.
- $950,000 for a construction worker struck by a car at the site.
- Numerous recoveries for victims of rape and sexual assault, including a $900,000 settlement for a 7-year-old boy who had been sodomized by another boy at camp.
- Recovery of $900,000 in a result that established new case law in a Labor Law Section 241(6) case for a laborer who was injured when a 90-pound piece of ice fell from the roof of a power plant under construction in Plattsburgh, New York.
- An $850,000 settlement for an Erb’s Palsy victim.
- A $745,000 post trial award for a firefighter.
- $625,000 settlement for a women who was attacked by two dogs.
- $615,000 for a child bitten by a dog.
- Numerous awards in lead paint poisoning cases, some of which settled for $575,000, $475,000, $390,000, $310,000, $300,000, $285,000 and other amounts.
We Take Your Injury Seriously to Help You Move Forward
New York City personal injury lawyer David A. Kapelman has established a reputation for aggressively and exclusively pursuing personal injury claims over the past 36 years. At the Law Offices of David A. Kapelman, P.C., we take the injury you’ve suffered and the impact it’s had on your life very seriously, and we’ll work to secure you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We are experienced litigators with expert knowledge of personal injury law who aren’t intimidated by big insurance companies, large corporations, or high-profile cases. With our vast knowledge and resources, we can handle even the most difficult of personal injury claims.
At the Law Offices of David A. Kapelman, P.C., we’re proud to have represented New Yorkers like you in hundreds of personal injury claims. We take our work to secure fair compensation and justice for accident victims very seriously, and that’s why New Yorkers and their families have turned to us over the last three and a half decades. Schedule your free consultation with Mr. Kapelman to see why he and our team at the Law Offices of David A. Kapelman, P.C. consistently rank amongst the top NYC injury accident lawyers & law firms.
In our efforts to provide you unmatched personal attention from beginning to end, we can come visit you in your home or in the hospital if you can’t come to our main office in mid-town Manhattan or our satellite offices in the Bronx and Brooklyn. We will handle your personal injury case with the respect and compassion you deserve.
Call David A. Kapelman, P.C., for a FREE CONSULTATION. We believe the legal system should be available for everyone, and that’s why you will not be charged any attorney’s fees unless we recover damages for you. Expenses may be payable at the conclusion of your case. Hablamos Español.
Call For A Free Consultation