Verdicts and Settlements
Verdicts and Settlements obtained by David A. Kapelman on behalf of clients include:*
- $3,000,000 for worker severely burned at jobsite.
- $1.2 million for a laborer who fell from a scissor scaffold.
- A jury verdict of $1.1 million for a client who was struck by a vehicle that fell off a tow truck.
- A $1.05 million settlement on the day of jury selection for a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle which mounted the sidewalk causing multiple fractures.
- A $1 million settlement, after summation at a 3 week long trial, on behalf of the head of personal security for a major rock band who was struck by a vehicle driven by the Mexican Secret Service while trying to prevent what he thought was an attempted kidnapping of the band. The defendants (the concert promoters) had offered $50,000 at the beginning of the trial.
- $950,000 for a construction worker struck by car at site
- Numerous recoveries for victims of rape and sexual assault, including a $900,000 settlement for a 7 year old boy who had been sodomized by another boy at camp.
- $900,000 for trip and fall injury on a sidewalk obstruction.
- Recovery of $900,000 in a result that established new case law in a Labor Law Section 241(6) case for a laborer who was injured when a 90 pound piece of ice fell from the roof of a power plant under construction in Plattsburgh, New York.
- An $850,000 settlement for an Erb’s Palsy victim.
- A $745,000 post trial award for a firefighter.
- $675,000 for construction worker who suffered electrical burns.
- A $625,000 settlement for a woman who was attacked by two dogs.
- $615,000 for child bitten by a dog.
- Numerous awards in lead paint poisoning cases, some of which settled for $575,000, $475,000, $425,000, $400,000, $390,000, $310,000, $300,000, $285,000 and other amounts.
Call David A. Kapelman for a free consultation. You will not be charged any attorneys fees unless we recover damages for you. Expenses may be payable at conclusion of your case. Hablamos Espanol