The construction industry has one of the highest rates of accidents in the United States, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Workers at construction sites can be injured and even killed in many ways, including falling from roofs or scaffolding, equipment failures or accidents, electrical injuries, fires and explosions, and being hit by moving equipment or falling materials.
David A. Kapelman is a New York City construction accidents lawyer who has experience investigating and litigating construction accidents in order to determine which parties are liable for the injury. Parties are liable for a worker’s injury if they failed to follow safety measures, failed to warn workers of hazards and other circumstances.
Some successes include:*
He has enjoyed success in obtaining recoveries for clients injured in construction accidents, including:
- Recovery of $3.875 million in a Labor Law Section 240(1) case for a mechanical engineer who fell from a catwalk through an acoustical ceiling and sustained severe head injuries.
- A $1.2 million recovery for a laborer who fell from a scissor scaffold.
- $950,000 for a construction worker struck by car at site.
- Recovery of $900,000 in a result that established new case law in a Labor Law Section 241(6) case for a laborer who was injured when a 90 pound piece of ice fell from the roof of a power plant under construction in Plattsburgh, New York.
- $675,000 for construction worker who suffered electrical burns.
Call David A. Kapelman, P.C. for a FREE CONSULTATION. You will not be charged any attorneys fees unless we recover damages for you. Expenses may be payable at the conclusion of your case. Hablamos Espanol.
Call For A Free Consultation